Posted by: Eawag
Posted date: 19-Jun
Eawag is currently looking for a field coordinator (male / female, from mid-July 2012 to December 2012) to help organize the monitoring and evaluation of a large-scale sanitation and hygiene awareness raising campaign in India, organized jointly by Quicksand Design Studios and WASH United. To evaluate the different campaign activities (traveling caravan, activities in schools, and activities in residential communities), a comprehensive survey with preliminary, on-site and follow-up data collections on handwashing behavior will be carried out. You will assist the project manager with the overall management and implementation of the campaign evaluation. Your primary duties will be to manage activities and movements of the interviewer staff. We need a person with excellent management skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work in different environments. We deliver insight into research and development cooperation and offer a competitive salary.
· Work closely with the project manager and project assistants to coordinate and ensure a timely, effective and efficient implementation of the surveys
· Participate in the recruitment and training of a professional team of field interviewers
· Prepare detailed activity plans and budgets for project field activities and traveling
· Supervise the interviewer staff and ensure good team relations in challenging environments
· Build and maintain good relationships with local partners in the implementation of project activities
· Organize and ensure data entry
· Assist the project leader in any upcoming project-related tasks
· College or university degree in social sciences, preferably in psychology or sociology
· At least 3 years of experience in project management including supervision of field activities
· Broad knowledge and skills on project activity coordination and team supervision
· Ability to multitask, cope with stressful situations, and work with limited resources
· Strong communication, networking, and representation skills in English and Hindi (written and oral)
· Good computer skills including proficiency with MS Word and Excel
· Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout India
· Experience with social research, especially interviews and observations, will be an advantage
Interested candidates should submit their application in English along with an updated resume by July 5, 2012.
Copyright © 2006 - 2013 SpanJobs.com Free India Jobs - The Number 1 Free Job Portal in India. All Rights Reserved
SpanJobs.com - The Number 1 Portal for India Jobs - Best Jobs in India and India Careers.
India Jobs | Jobs in India | India Careers